Last updated on May 10, 2019.
Types of Personal Information
OvalEdge collects personal information in support of its mission to help people see and understand their data. This personal information is collected through a variety of ways. For example, we collect personal information through the registration and use of our software and mobile apps, whether downloaded or accessed through a cloud-based service. We also collect personal information when you use or visit OvalEdge websites, attend an OvalEdge hosted or sponsored an event, or participate in an OvalEdge community. We may receive your personal information if you are an OvalEdge supplier or partner. We may also receive your information from third party partners. If you have other agreements with OvalEdge, then those agreements control with regard to the subject matter they cover.
The type of information we collect will depend on your interactions with OvalEdge. It may include:
Contact and Log In Information.
Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names, and passwords.
Credit card number, banking information, and billing address.
Employment status, occupation, region. On occasion, OvalEdge may collect other demographic information, such as gender, race, and age.
Product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, and in some cases, student verification information. We may also collect registration information related to your attendance at OvalEdge events, including travel info, scheduling information, food preferences or allergies, accessibility requests and others.
Usage and Geographic Data.
OvalEdge collects personal information related to your use of our products, services, and websites. We analyze that usage data so that we can improve our products and your experience with them. In certain instances, OvalEdge allows you to use administrative tools to opt out of the collection of some usage data.
Third Party Data.
We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. If you connect with OvalEdge accounts on third-party social networking sites, we may receive information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties. Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers and ad networks, may automatically collect information about you through our websites using cookies, Web beacons, and device identifiers, including personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications.
Images, Video, and Recordings.
Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by OvalEdge. For example, if you attend an OvalEdge event, your image may be captured in a photo or video. If you call OvalEdge customer support, your call may be recorded.
If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Ways We Use Personal Information
Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide service and support, such as sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages and providing customer support and troubleshooting;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by OvalEdge and our selected partners;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users; or
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
Reasons for Using Your Information
When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services;
- You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by “opting out” where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation; or
- You have chosen to make the information public. You should not share any personal information which you wish to keep confidential or private.
Sharing of Personal Information
OvalEdge works to keep your personal information confidential and secure, and does not sell your personal data. In some circumstances OvalEdge may share your information with third parties, for example:
- We may share your personal information when we have your permission, including when you choose to share information using OvalEdge Public or post to our community websites;
- If you connect to your third party accounts through our products, we will use that information to authenticate you, enumerate the data sources available to you, download any data you request us to, and download and refresh authentication tokens or persist authentication information such as user names and passwords as necessary to continue to connect to these data;
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of OvalEdge, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
- We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
- Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographic data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for OvalEdge and others.
Controlling your Personal Information
Our marketing emails permit you to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. You may contact us at [email protected]
at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
You may have the right, depending on which country you reside in, to ask us to provide a copy of the personal information we hold about you (provided that we may ask you for proof of your identity). You may also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information or to ask us to delete it. We will consider these requests regardless of where you live.
In addition, if you are based in Europe and accessing our Sites, then you also have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
- Provide you with details about how we process your personal information;
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
- Update or delete personal information which we hold about you;
- Restrict the way we process your personal information;
- Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability); and
Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at [email protected]
We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Our websites may use various software technologies including “cookies,” “web beacons” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. We use “Web beacons” or “Pixel tags” – small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email – to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. Web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page, and we use them from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
We partner with third parties who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our websites, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history.
Privacy Shield and Data Transfer
OvalEdge complies with the Privacy Shield principles for onward transfers, including the liability provisions. If we transfer your personal information to third parties outside the UK, the EU or Switzerland, we will only do so where one of the following applies:
• In the case of transfers of personal information to the US, if the recipient is a member of the Privacy Shield Framework;
• Where we have in place standard model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other legally compliant terms; or
• There is an adequacy decision by the European Commission which means that the recipient country is deemed to provide adequate protection for such personal information.
You may direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance to [email protected]
You may also contact JAMS, at www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. JAMS is a Privacy Shield dispute resolution mechanism. JAMS has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. If neither OvalEdge nor JAMS resolves your complaint, you may have the possibility to engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. You may also make a complaint to the relevant EU data privacy supervisory authority or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
How to contact us
OvalEdge LLC is a member of a group of companies located in North America, India. Click on this link for a complete, up-to-date list of our group companies who may process your personal information: www.ovaledge.com/aboutus.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us at [email protected]
or at OvalEdge LLC, 5655 Peachtree Pkwy, Suite#216 Peachtree Corners GA 30092